Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

Crosstalk A Synesthesia Community

News 02/10 - Staff search has begun! | 02/01 - Through February 13th, you can submit your grapheme colors on our Tumblr. See Tumblr for details. | 01/17 - We're open! Come on in.

Featured Touch > Touch > Color ? -in- Other Syn & Multiple Responses

Staff Brock

Add Reply
New Poll

Greetings
•Brock
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 03:22 PM

Brock

Administrator

Offline in GMT - 5

Sight Sound Touch Smell Taste
None

Brock
Admin ・ Synee
Hello, Crosstalkers! The name is Brock, and before you ask, I'm not the Pokemon trainer. I'm not even a boy. Confusing? Good! Ha ha! I suppose I should start with an introduction about my synesthesia, no? Seeing as it's what I made the site for...

I discovered my synesthesia when I was about fourteen years old. My dad had taped a documentary about it, called me in for the classic 2s-and-5s test that was up on the screen, and I answered in a handful of seconds. When I explained that 2s were blue and 5s were green, he kinda grinned. I didn't even realize what I had said, really. Then he played the documentary for it, and I attacked the internet with searches right after. I can't recall anything from the years before that, but my dad says he has a memory of me coloring the letter A a specific color when I was in kindergarten.

Other types of synesthesia I have: sound ➛ sight, touch ➛ sight, taste ➛ sight, and smell ➛ sight. The last two are weaker. It took me a while to realize I had these other four kinds, and even today I'm still working things out.

As for other things about me, I majored in Asian Studies (focus on Japan) and minored in anthropology, then for two years I taught English in Japan.

Additional interests of mine include writing (I'm addicted to roleplaying and making characters), reading, cooking, and singing. I did taekwondo for four years from 12-16 and have a black belt in it. I also adore other languages, especially ones with scripts quite different from the Latin alphabet. I've studied French in high school and remember very little, a semester of Russian in college and remember even less than French, and a year of Arabic and forgot a good deal of it. I'd love to learn Hindi, Romanian, Icelandic, and a ton of others. My current obsession is Korean, but I can't self-study, so if anyone knows Korean and wants to teach me...

Nice to meet you all! I look forward to lots of great conversations with you. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch.

PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Crosstalk is listed at & affiliated with:
List us!

Candyland Couture RPG-D
Ruby Wings Listings Shadowplay

skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black. social media icons by kat's cafe