Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

Crosstalk A Synesthesia Community

News 02/10 - Staff search has begun! | 02/01 - Through February 13th, you can submit your grapheme colors on our Tumblr. See Tumblr for details. | 01/17 - We're open! Come on in.

Featured Touch > Touch > Color ? -in- Other Syn & Multiple Responses

Staff Brock

Add Reply
New Poll

Posted: Jan 5 2016, 03:22 PM

Offline in GMT - 5

Sight Sound Touch Smell Taste

Admin ・ Synee
Hello, Crosstalkers! The name is Brock, and before you ask, I'm not the Pokemon trainer. I'm not even a boy. Confusing? Good! Ha ha! I suppose I should start with an introduction about my synesthesia, no? Seeing as it's what I made the site for...

I discovered my synesthesia when I was about fourteen years old. My dad had taped a documentary about it, called me in for the classic 2s-and-5s test that was up on the screen, and I answered in a handful of seconds. When I explained that 2s were blue and 5s were green, he kinda grinned. I didn't even realize what I had said, really. Then he played the documentary for it, and I attacked the internet with searches right after. I can't recall anything from the years before that, but my dad says he has a memory of me coloring the letter A a specific color when I was in kindergarten.

Other types of synesthesia I have: sound ➛ sight, touch ➛ sight, taste ➛ sight, and smell ➛ sight. The last two are weaker. It took me a while to realize I had these other four kinds, and even today I'm still working things out.

As for other things about me, I majored in Asian Studies (focus on Japan) and minored in anthropology, then for two years I taught English in Japan.

Additional interests of mine include writing (I'm addicted to roleplaying and making characters), reading, cooking, and singing. I did taekwondo for four years from 12-16 and have a black belt in it. I also adore other languages, especially ones with scripts quite different from the Latin alphabet. I've studied French in high school and remember very little, a semester of Russian in college and remember even less than French, and a year of Arabic and forgot a good deal of it. I'd love to learn Hindi, Romanian, Icelandic, and a ton of others. My current obsession is Korean, but I can't self-study, so if anyone knows Korean and wants to teach me...

Nice to meet you all! I look forward to lots of great conversations with you. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch.

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Crosstalk is listed at & affiliated with:
List us!

Candyland Couture RPG-D
Ruby Wings Listings Shadowplay

skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black. social media icons by kat's cafe